Today I worked with wires! I learned all about wire strippers and tinning wires among other things. To program our U2F tokens, we got a universal programmer kit- unfortunately we couldn’t find a small enough wire to make the pin connections. What we needed was half the size of a normal pin connector! After sifting and sorting through buckets of wires, we managed to find 1 connector small enough to work. However, the wires had to be stripped and tinned together to work. So, that’s what I did. I even added heat shrink wrap to the joints to make them “prettier”! Below are some pictures of what I worked with today.
We also learned today that there’s a voltage overage on our finished PCBs, so I will have to set out and take a multimeter to each piece to figure that out.